- Divide into 100g portions, preshape into balls.
- Either poke a hole in the middle with your finger, and stretch the hole
- or roll into long ‘ropes’, wind over your hand and seal the join by rubbing the ends of the rope together.
- Retard in the fridge overnight (spray with oil, cover with plastic, put in a plastic bag)
- The next day – bring a large pot to boil. Add a handful of brown sugar
- Add as many bagels as will fit in a single layer (I can fit three)
- Turn after 30 secs (cook for 1 min in total) – drain and put back on the tray
- top with your choice of topping
- Bake in the oven at ~200C for ~20 mins
Source – https://sourdough.com/recipes/sourdough-bagels
- starter 400 grams
- water 150 grams
- flour 550 grams
- oil 38 grams
- brown sugar 25 grams
- salt 15 grams